Doubtly v2 is here : Register to experience
Chapter 1 field visit Solutions for 10th Geography of Maharashtra Board for Free can be downloaded in PDF Format.
Table of Contents
(1) Make a report on your field visit ( Chapter 1 field visit )
We started our trip from Naldurg towards Alibag. Our station was Solapur. We critically observed the places on the basis of
- Water bodies
- Human settlement
On the way to Solapur, we saw dry grass and leaves shredded trees and concluded that it possesses the dry deciduous type of vegetation and saw traces of linear settlements. Now we arrived at the plain region of Indapur from the slopes of Balaghat Ranges of Solapur. We saw green vegetation of sugarcane everywhere because of the availability of irrigation facilitated by Ujjani reservoir built on river Bhima. After crossing it, we went climbing the Sinhagad fort from the Sinhagad foothills. We observed many physical features like valleys and rocks made from a volcanic eruption.
We found Basalt (igneous rock) there. There is also a Khadakwasla reservoir which serves water and a Kalyan Drawaja. After that we proceeded to Alibag, there were slopes of the Western Ghats. They are called Sahyadris, and River Ulhas also flows in that region. Now we went to our final destination Khopoli, also known as Bhor or Khandala Ghat. We saw many teak trees.
Because of humidity and more rainfall to the region, paddy fields were observed more there. We saw the Arabian sea and visited Kolaba or Alibag Fort. The fort was built on a wave-cut platform in the water. Agriculture (coconut, jackfruit, etc.) and fishing are the occupations of this place. Then we returned from Alibag to Naldurg next morning. We had wonderful and full of knowledge experience.
(2) Prepare a questionnaire for a field visit to a factory.
A questionnaire for a field visit to a factory will be as follows:
- Which product is manufactured in the factory?
- What are the raw materials used to make the final goods?
- Where do the raw materials come from?
- In which market is the final product sold?
- How many people are employed in the factory?
- Do you have shifts for your employees? What are their timings?
- What safety measures do you adopt for your staff?
- What precautions have been taken to prevent a fire hazard?
- What precautions have been taken to prevent or reduce environmental pollution?
- What mode of transport is used for the movement of raw materials and finished goods?
(3) How will you manage the litter during the field visit?
We will collect all the litter of the in-between journey in a carry bag and will throw them in a dustbin available inbetween or at destination. We will reduce the waste as much as possible. Instead of bringing manufactured food, eat and drink natural food.
We will try not to make use of plastic bottles for water and will carry steel bottles and refill them at the stop.
(4) What items will you take with you for the field visit?
I will take the following items with me for the field visit:
- Notebook, pen, pencil, camera, binoculars, etc to collect information.
- I-card, water bottle, cap, and a first aid box are a must.
- Magnetic compass, GPS enabled mobile phone and also maps to know directions and locate various places.
- Ziplock bag for collecting samples.
- Carry a questionnaire and information booklet about the place to be visited.
- Carry some bags to discard any trash.
(5) Outline the importance of field-visit.
Field visit helps in developing geographical concepts, elements and processes through direct personal experiences. It helps in understanding correlation between the humans and environment. It makes study of geography more interesting and supports application of knowledge. It helps in enhancing the understanding and sensitivity about the social , historical, economic and cultural facts about the selected field.
http://www.doubtly.in/questions/MSBSHSE/10th/geography follow this link to ask your doubts and explore more questions of geography from here
- Title: 10th Geography Chapter 2 Location and Extent Maharashtra Board Solutions (Free PDF) URL: http://www.doubtly.in/blog/10th-geography-chapter-2-location-and-extent/
- Title: 10th Geography Chapter 3 Physiography and Drainage Maharashtra Board Solutions (Free PDF) URL: http://www.doubtly.in/blog/chapter-3-physiography-and-drainage/
- Title: 10th Geography Chapter 4 Climate Maharashtra Board Solutions (Free PDF) URL: http://www.doubtly.in/blog/10th-geography-chapter-4-climate/
- Title: 10th Geography Chapter 5 Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Maharashtra Board Solutions (Free PDF) URL: http://www.doubtly.in/blog/chapter-5-natural-vegetation-and-wildlife/
- Title: 10th Geography Chapter 6 Population Maharashtra Board Solutions (Free PDF) URL: http://www.doubtly.in/blog/10th-geography-chapter-6-population/